How much does a pet sitter cost in Oakland?
You can predict your pet's daily needs but your family's day-to-day changes. Unexpected meetings, taking the kids to the doctor, going away on a family vacation - who will feed the cat? Depending on the needs of your fur, or furless friends, hiring a pet sitter can be affordable. It's a great way to give you peace of mind that your pets are being taken care of while you’re out. Whether you’re searching for dog or cat sitting or are curious about dog walking rates in your area, we got you covered!
So how much does a pet sitter cost? From our research, on average they charge $20.00 an hour in Oakland.
Pet sitter rates in Oakland
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of November 16, 2023
Hi everyone, my name is Jessica and I am a pet sitter living in Oakland, California. I specialize in providing care for cats, dogs, and fish. I provide dog walking services, overnight care, and pet sitting. If you are looking for a reliable and experienced pet sitter, I am available to help you out. I charge $18.00 an hour and I am more than happy to answer your questions. Message me if you’re interested in my services. My services include making sure your pet stays active and healthy by taking them for daily walks, playing with them, and providing adequate meals and water. I also clean all litter boxes, fish tanks, and cages. I also provide overnight pet sitting services, so your pet stays safe and comfortable in their own environment. I am a reliable pet sitter and take pride in providing the best care for your furry family members. I have a flexible schedule and I am available for pet sitting in Oakland, California and the surrounding areas. If you need a pet sitter for your cats, dogs, or fish, please do not hesitate to message me. I look forward to hearing from you.
Nice to meet you! My name is Natalie. I am a Crestline based dog sitting professional who is knowledgeable and look forward to caring for your prized pets. Please let me know if you are interested.
Factors that impact pet sitting cost
Planning a trip as a pet owner? Hiring a pet sitter is an excellent solution for care for your furry friend. Before you hire a pet sitter, it's important to understand the factors that affect the cost of their services:
- Time and Duration - Pet sitters usually charge either a daily or hourly rate. The length of time you require care for will affect your final costs. Many pet sitters will also offer package deals and discounts for longer bookings.
- Your pet’s needs - Consider the frequency of your dog's walks, or your cat's feeding schedule. Different services will have different prices. Some pet sitters also offer extra services like administering medication, grooming, or even behavioral training, which may increase the cost.
- Location - The cost of pet care will range across the country city-by-city depending on the cost of living in your city area.
- Years of Experience - The level of experience of the pet sitter will also have a factor on pricing. More experienced sitters, with professional backgrounds in behavioural or medical training may charge a higher rate, than a less specialized sitter.
Rather have people reach out to you?
Creating a profile allows others to reach out to you, or letting you reach out to them