How much does a pet sitter cost in Santa Monica?
You can predict your pet's daily needs but your family's day-to-day changes. Unexpected meetings, taking the kids to the doctor, going away on a family vacation - who will feed the cat? Depending on the needs of your fur, or furless friends, hiring a pet sitter can be affordable. It's a great way to give you peace of mind that your pets are being taken care of while you’re out. Whether you’re searching for dog or cat sitting or are curious about dog walking rates in your area, we got you covered!
So how much does a pet sitter cost? From our research, on average they charge $18.00 an hour in Santa Monica.
Pet sitter rates in Santa Monica
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of May 31, 2023
I have experience with cats and small dogs. I do overnight visits too. I have excellent references.
31 year old LA Native who loves animals! I love dogs of all shapes, sizes, and colors and i always promise to make sure your pup feels happy and comfortable during our walks!i know basic pet cpr, and Also have experience taking care of various types of animals too! (Cats, Reptiles,etc) i work from home so ill always be available to your furry baby! Service Abilities: I have experience with dog walking, big dogs and small, experience with dogs that pull, pet sitting, and overnight care. On top of this, I have personal transportation available. I also have experience with giving animals their medication orally. My rates depend on how many days, if overnight stay is required, and what you need me to do while watching your pup (medications, dog parks, bathing, etc)
Factors that impact pet sitting cost
Planning a trip as a pet owner? Hiring a pet sitter is an excellent solution for care for your furry friend. Before you hire a pet sitter, it's important to understand the factors that affect the cost of their services:
- Time and Duration - Pet sitters usually charge either a daily or hourly rate. The length of time you require care for will affect your final costs. Many pet sitters will also offer package deals and discounts for longer bookings.
- Your pet’s needs - Consider the frequency of your dog's walks, or your cat's feeding schedule. Different services will have different prices. Some pet sitters also offer extra services like administering medication, grooming, or even behavioral training, which may increase the cost.
- Location - The cost of pet care will range across the country city-by-city depending on the cost of living in your city area.
- Years of Experience - The level of experience of the pet sitter will also have a factor on pricing. More experienced sitters, with professional backgrounds in behavioural or medical training may charge a higher rate, than a less specialized sitter.
Find a pet sitter near you
Thousands of qualified pet sitters join every day. We've got you covered.