How much does a pet sitter cost in San Diego?
You can predict your pet's daily needs but your family's day-to-day changes. Unexpected meetings, taking the kids to the doctor, going away on a family vacation - who will feed the cat? Depending on the needs of your fur, or furless friends, hiring a pet sitter can be affordable. It's a great way to give you peace of mind that your pets are being taken care of while you’re out. Whether you’re searching for dog or cat sitting or are curious about dog walking rates in your area, we got you covered!
So how much does a pet sitter cost? From our research, on average they charge $15.00 an hour in San Diego.
Pet sitter rates in San Diego
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of September 27, 2023
i like dogs so much because i have a dog and i enjoy walking them. I am comfortable spending the night.
I'm Brooke, a pet sitter based in San Diego, California. I specialize in cats, dogs, and dog walking, as well as overnight care. I'm passionate about taking care of animals and making sure they feel comfortable and safe. I have experience taking care of all kinds of pets, and I understand that each animal deserves to be treated with patience and respect. I'm a responsible and reliable sitter who has a genuine love for animals. My rates are very competitive at just $15.00 an hour. If you're looking for someone who can provide quality pet sitting and overnight care to your cats and/or dogs, then I'm your person. If you're interested in my services, please feel free to message me and I would be happy to answer any questions you might have. I look forward to hearing from you!
Hi, I'm Kris! I'm a pet sitter located in San Diego. I specialize in cats, dogs (walks) and additional pet sitting services are all available. I will gladly make sure your furry friend is well taken care of while you're away. I am also open to travel on a case by case basis. Rates may vary based on time commitment. I’m comfortable with all breeds as well. If you're looking for someone to trust with the care of your beloved pet, look no further! I am passionate about animals and committed to giving them the best service possible. I always strive to make sure that both the pet and the pet owner are comfortable and have a great experience. If this sounds like something you're interested in, please don't hesitate to reach out and message me. I'm more than happy to answer any questions you may have.
Factors that impact pet sitting cost
Planning a trip as a pet owner? Hiring a pet sitter is an excellent solution for care for your furry friend. Before you hire a pet sitter, it's important to understand the factors that affect the cost of their services:
- Time and Duration - Pet sitters usually charge either a daily or hourly rate. The length of time you require care for will affect your final costs. Many pet sitters will also offer package deals and discounts for longer bookings.
- Your pet’s needs - Consider the frequency of your dog's walks, or your cat's feeding schedule. Different services will have different prices. Some pet sitters also offer extra services like administering medication, grooming, or even behavioral training, which may increase the cost.
- Location - The cost of pet care will range across the country city-by-city depending on the cost of living in your city area.
- Years of Experience - The level of experience of the pet sitter will also have a factor on pricing. More experienced sitters, with professional backgrounds in behavioural or medical training may charge a higher rate, than a less specialized sitter.