How much does a pet sitter cost in USA?
You can predict your pet's daily needs but your family's day-to-day changes. Unexpected meetings, taking the kids to the doctor, going away on a family vacation - who will feed the cat? Depending on the needs of your fur, or furless friends, hiring a pet sitter can be affordable. It's a great way to give you peace of mind that your pets are being taken care of while you’re out. Whether you’re searching for dog or cat sitting or are curious about dog walking rates in your area, we got you covered!
So how much does a pet sitter cost? From our research, on average they charge $13.00 an hour in USA.
Pet sitter rates in USA
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of September 24, 2023
Hello, my name is Josie! I am a professional pet sitter located in Greenville, North Carolina. I specialize in caring for cats, dogs, and fish. I offer pet walking, pet grooming, and pet sitting services for $10.5 per hour. I understand that finding a trustworthy pet sitter is not an easy task. That's why I am committed to providing an exceptional level of service with every experience. My goal is to ensure that your pets are safe, comfortable, and entertained while you’re away. I have over 6 years of animal care experience through volunteering at the humane society. I have worked with both sick and injured animals. I also feel comfortable and confident administering medication if your pet requires it! If you're looking for a reliable pet sitter, please feel free to reach out. I am available for both short-term and long-term pet sitting applications. I am sure that your furry friends will enjoy their stay with me and that you'll be glad you chose me as their pet sitter. Message me if you have any questions or want to schedule a meeting. I look forward to hearing from you and potentially being your pet sitter!
I'm Michael, a pet sitter in San Antonio, Texas who specializes in cats and dogs. I provide overnight care, dog walking, and pet sitting services that your furry friend will love. My prices are competitive at $13 an hour and I offer discounts for long-term pet sitting. I'm passionate about animals and I understand that it can be stressful to leave your pet behind when you have to go away for work or vacation. That's why I make sure to give every pet the care and attention they need and deserve while you're away. If you're looking for an experienced and reliable pet sitter, feel free to message me. I'm always available to answer any of your questions and look forward to hearing from you.
Hi, my name is Mikala and I'm a pet sitter in Stockton, California. I love to work with cats, dogs, and fish, and I offer both dog walking and pet sitting services. I am passionate about animals and love spending time with them. I am reliable and can provide you with peace of mind while you are away, knowing your pet is being taken care of. I charge $16.00 an hour and would love to chat with you if you're interested. Please don't hesitate to message me!
Factors that impact pet sitting cost
Planning a trip as a pet owner? Hiring a pet sitter is an excellent solution for care for your furry friend. Before you hire a pet sitter, it's important to understand the factors that affect the cost of their services:
- Time and Duration - Pet sitters usually charge either a daily or hourly rate. The length of time you require care for will affect your final costs. Many pet sitters will also offer package deals and discounts for longer bookings.
- Your pet’s needs - Consider the frequency of your dog's walks, or your cat's feeding schedule. Different services will have different prices. Some pet sitters also offer extra services like administering medication, grooming, or even behavioral training, which may increase the cost.
- Location - The cost of pet care will range across the country city-by-city depending on the cost of living in your city area.
- Years of Experience - The level of experience of the pet sitter will also have a factor on pricing. More experienced sitters, with professional backgrounds in behavioural or medical training may charge a higher rate, than a less specialized sitter.