How much does a pet sitter cost in San Francisco?
You can predict your pet's daily needs but your family's day-to-day changes. Unexpected meetings, taking the kids to the doctor, going away on a family vacation - who will feed the cat? Depending on the needs of your fur, or furless friends, hiring a pet sitter can be affordable. It's a great way to give you peace of mind that your pets are being taken care of while you’re out. Whether you’re searching for dog or cat sitting or are curious about dog walking rates in your area, we got you covered!
So how much does a pet sitter cost? From our research, on average they charge $18.00 an hour in San Francisco.
Pet sitter rates in San Francisco
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of September 28, 2023
Hi, I'm Lester and I'm a pet sitter in San Francisco, California. I specialize in dog walking and overnight care. I have experience with all sizes of dogs from Chihuahuas to Great Danes and can provide plenty of exercise and love. If you want to give your pup a break from home, I am here to help. I love animals and believe in treating each pup with care and respect. I am a reliable and responsible pet sitter and will ensure your pup is safe and happy. I am available for walks and overnight care at $15.0/hour. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or if you're interested in my services. I look forward to hearing from you and taking care of your pup.
I'm Damaris :) an animal lover wanting to give back to fur babies in my city! I specialize in caring for all types of pets, including birds, cats, dogs, and fish. I offer both dog walking and pet sitting services at an hourly rate of $25.00. I'm very reliable and have experience in pet care. My goal is to provide top-notch services that will assure you your pets are safe and happy. I will provide your pet with all of the love and attention they need while you're away from home. With me, you can be sure that your pet will be in safe hands. If you're searching for a pet sitter, don't hesitate to reach out and contact me. I'd love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have. Message me if you're interested in my services.
Factors that impact pet sitting cost
Planning a trip as a pet owner? Hiring a pet sitter is an excellent solution for care for your furry friend. Before you hire a pet sitter, it's important to understand the factors that affect the cost of their services:
- Time and Duration - Pet sitters usually charge either a daily or hourly rate. The length of time you require care for will affect your final costs. Many pet sitters will also offer package deals and discounts for longer bookings.
- Your pet’s needs - Consider the frequency of your dog's walks, or your cat's feeding schedule. Different services will have different prices. Some pet sitters also offer extra services like administering medication, grooming, or even behavioral training, which may increase the cost.
- Location - The cost of pet care will range across the country city-by-city depending on the cost of living in your city area.
- Years of Experience - The level of experience of the pet sitter will also have a factor on pricing. More experienced sitters, with professional backgrounds in behavioural or medical training may charge a higher rate, than a less specialized sitter.