How much does a pet sitter cost in Washington?
You can predict your pet's daily needs but your family's day-to-day changes. Unexpected meetings, taking the kids to the doctor, going away on a family vacation - who will feed the cat? Depending on the needs of your fur, or furless friends, hiring a pet sitter can be affordable. It's a great way to give you peace of mind that your pets are being taken care of while you’re out. Whether you’re searching for dog or cat sitting or are curious about dog walking rates in your area, we got you covered!
So how much does a pet sitter cost? From our research, on average they charge $20.00 an hour in Washington.
Pet sitter rates in Washington
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of June 7, 2023
I am Veronica, a professional pet sitter located in Washington, District of Columbia. I specialize in loving, attentive care for all types of pets. Services include pet sitting, dog walking, and grooming. I am committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all of my clients. I have a deep love for animals, and have been caring for them for years. I am experienced in working with all types and sizes of pets, and I am certified in pet first aid. I am proud to offer reliable and trustworthy pet care services at an affordable rate of $18.00 per hour. If you are looking for a reliable and experienced pet sitter in Washington, District of Columbia, please feel free to message me. I look forward to providing your furry family member with the best care possible.
Who I Am: I hope you are having a good day. I'm hoping to find a pet service provider position in Washington, District of Columbia. I plan to apply my abilities as a pet service provider. I am available as required. Description of Skills: I will take care of pet feeding, administering medication, and farm animal care. On top of this, I am willing to travel. I have experience as a pet sitter. How To Contact Me: Send me a message via this website and I should reply shortly.
Factors that impact pet sitting cost
Planning a trip as a pet owner? Hiring a pet sitter is an excellent solution for care for your furry friend. Before you hire a pet sitter, it's important to understand the factors that affect the cost of their services:
- Time and Duration - Pet sitters usually charge either a daily or hourly rate. The length of time you require care for will affect your final costs. Many pet sitters will also offer package deals and discounts for longer bookings.
- Your pet’s needs - Consider the frequency of your dog's walks, or your cat's feeding schedule. Different services will have different prices. Some pet sitters also offer extra services like administering medication, grooming, or even behavioral training, which may increase the cost.
- Location - The cost of pet care will range across the country city-by-city depending on the cost of living in your city area.
- Years of Experience - The level of experience of the pet sitter will also have a factor on pricing. More experienced sitters, with professional backgrounds in behavioural or medical training may charge a higher rate, than a less specialized sitter.
Find a pet sitter near you
Thousands of qualified pet sitters join every day. We've got you covered.