How much does a pet sitter cost in Amherst?
You can predict your pet's daily needs but your family's day-to-day changes. Unexpected meetings, taking the kids to the doctor, going away on a family vacation - who will feed the cat? Depending on the needs of your fur, or furless friends, hiring a pet sitter can be affordable. It's a great way to give you peace of mind that your pets are being taken care of while you’re out. Whether you’re searching for dog or cat sitting or are curious about dog walking rates in your area, we got you covered!
So how much does a pet sitter cost? From our research, on average they charge $15.00 an hour in Amherst.
Pet sitter rates in Amherst
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of November 13, 2023
Hello, I am searching for pet sitting jobs in Amherst, Massachusetts. I’m an animal science major at UMass amherst. Im interested in becoming an animal care specialist so I’m looking for all the animal experience I can receive. Thank you! Service Abilities: I have experience in caring for dogs, cats, reptiles, and fish etc. I have professional experience in the animal care field as I was a Kennel technician for one year at a doggy daycare. Contacting Me: Please text or email me anytime.
I'm Megan, a passionate pet sitter in Amherst, Massachusetts. I specialize in caring for birds, cats, dogs, fish, and lizards/reptiles. I have years of experience walking dogs and taking care of pets in their own homes. My services are offered at an affordable $15/HOURLY rate. I'm reliable, attentive, and trustworthy. I'm well-equipped to keep your pet safe and happy while you're away. From providing food and water, to giving love and attention, I'm dedicated to providing the best possible care for your pet. If you're looking for a pet sitter in Amherst, Massachusetts, please don't hesitate to message me. I'm ready to share my experience and skills with you and your pet. With me, you can be sure of a safe and comfortable environment for your pet while you're away. I am a full time college student but my schedule is very flexible!
Hello, my name is Selina!! I’m currently a college student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst majoring in animal science pre-vet track. I’m very passionate about animals, and I love caring for them. I have a rottie and two cats, so I am fairly familiar with their needs and likewise. I am interested in petsitting and dog walking preferably on the weekends and on specific weekdays. Please let me know if you have any inquiries!!
Factors that impact pet sitting cost
Planning a trip as a pet owner? Hiring a pet sitter is an excellent solution for care for your furry friend. Before you hire a pet sitter, it's important to understand the factors that affect the cost of their services:
- Time and Duration - Pet sitters usually charge either a daily or hourly rate. The length of time you require care for will affect your final costs. Many pet sitters will also offer package deals and discounts for longer bookings.
- Your pet’s needs - Consider the frequency of your dog's walks, or your cat's feeding schedule. Different services will have different prices. Some pet sitters also offer extra services like administering medication, grooming, or even behavioral training, which may increase the cost.
- Location - The cost of pet care will range across the country city-by-city depending on the cost of living in your city area.
- Years of Experience - The level of experience of the pet sitter will also have a factor on pricing. More experienced sitters, with professional backgrounds in behavioural or medical training may charge a higher rate, than a less specialized sitter.
Rather have people reach out to you?
Creating a profile allows others to reach out to you, or letting you reach out to them