How much does a pet sitter cost in Massachusetts?
You can predict your pet's daily needs but your family's day-to-day changes. Unexpected meetings, taking the kids to the doctor, going away on a family vacation - who will feed the cat? Depending on the needs of your fur, or furless friends, hiring a pet sitter can be affordable. It's a great way to give you peace of mind that your pets are being taken care of while you’re out. Whether you’re searching for dog or cat sitting or are curious about dog walking rates in your area, we got you covered!
So how much does a pet sitter cost? From our research, on average they charge $15.00 an hour in Massachusetts.
Pet sitter rates in Massachusetts
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of September 24, 2023
I'm probably not the best considering I'm unexperienced and 12 years old but I like to walk dogs so I can save up for my goals.
I'm Milena, a passionate pet sitter based in Boston, Massachusetts. As a pet owner myself, I'm dedicated to providing the best, most attentive care for your furry family members. I'm available for walks, playtime, feeding and anything else your pet needs. I'm reliable and trustworthy, and always strive to make sure your pet is happy and well taken care of. I'm happy to meet with you and your pet beforehand to get to know each other, and can provide references from other happy pet owners if you'd like. I charge just $15.00 per hour, and I'm happy to provide long or short-term pet sitting services. If you're looking for a pet sitter in the Boston area, please don't hesitate to contact me. I look forward to meeting you and your pet soon! Keywords: Boston, Massachusetts, pet sitting, pet sitter, pet care, pet owner, walks, playtime, feeding, long-term, short-term, reliable, trustworthy
Hi, I'm Haley! I'm a pet sitter and dog walker in Amherst, Massachusetts with a passion for animals. Cats, dogs, and fish are my specialty, and I'm experienced in taking care of them as if they were my own. I provide loving care and attention to all of my furry friends and I'm always excited to meet new ones. I'm an experienced pet sitter and dog walker who'd love to help out pet owners in the Amherst area. I charge $20 an hour and would be honored to take care of your furry family members while you're away. I understand how important your pets are to you and I will always treat them with respect and care. If you're looking for someone to look after your cats, dogs, or fish, please don't hesitate to message me. I'll make sure your pet is happy and healthy while you're away. I'm excited to meet you and your pets!
Factors that impact pet sitting cost
Planning a trip as a pet owner? Hiring a pet sitter is an excellent solution for care for your furry friend. Before you hire a pet sitter, it's important to understand the factors that affect the cost of their services:
- Time and Duration - Pet sitters usually charge either a daily or hourly rate. The length of time you require care for will affect your final costs. Many pet sitters will also offer package deals and discounts for longer bookings.
- Your pet’s needs - Consider the frequency of your dog's walks, or your cat's feeding schedule. Different services will have different prices. Some pet sitters also offer extra services like administering medication, grooming, or even behavioral training, which may increase the cost.
- Location - The cost of pet care will range across the country city-by-city depending on the cost of living in your city area.
- Years of Experience - The level of experience of the pet sitter will also have a factor on pricing. More experienced sitters, with professional backgrounds in behavioural or medical training may charge a higher rate, than a less specialized sitter.