How much does a pet sitter cost in Melbourne?
You can predict your pet's daily needs but your family's day-to-day changes. Unexpected meetings, taking the kids to the doctor, going away on a family vacation - who will feed the cat? Depending on the needs of your fur, or furless friends, hiring a pet sitter can be affordable. It's a great way to give you peace of mind that your pets are being taken care of while you’re out. Whether you’re searching for dog or cat sitting or are curious about dog walking rates in your area, we got you covered!
So how much does a pet sitter cost? From our research, on average they charge $14.00 an hour in Melbourne.
Pet sitter rates in Melbourne
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of March 27, 2023
Personal Profile: Hey my name is Win. I'm looking for an animal caregiver job in Melbourne, Florida. I hope to apply my abilities as an animal caregiver. My availability is flexible. Description of Skills: I can take care of maintaining pet health, providing long walks, and house training. I also have personal transportation available. I have over a year of experience. How To Contact Me: Call me through this website and I'll respond ASAP!
Hi! Im looking for pet-sitting positions in Melbourne/Palm bay Florida. I can alter my schedule to meet your needs. I will watch, feed, and make the pet happy!
About Me: Hi there my name is Michelle. I'm looking for a dog walker position in Melbourne, Florida. I aim to apply my skill as employee. My availability is flexible. Services And Training: I am happy to help with dog walking, pet sitting, overnight care. Further, I have personal transportation available. I have cared for animals of all types. Contacting Me: Shoot me a message and I'll reply within 7 days.
Factors that impact pet sitting cost
Planning a trip as a pet owner? Hiring a pet sitter is an excellent solution for care for your furry friend. Before you hire a pet sitter, it's important to understand the factors that affect the cost of their services:
- Time and Duration - Pet sitters usually charge either a daily or hourly rate. The length of time you require care for will affect your final costs. Many pet sitters will also offer package deals and discounts for longer bookings.
- Your pet’s needs - Consider the frequency of your dog's walks, or your cat's feeding schedule. Different services will have different prices. Some pet sitters also offer extra services like administering medication, grooming, or even behavioral training, which may increase the cost.
- Location - The cost of pet care will range across the country city-by-city depending on the cost of living in your city area.
- Years of Experience - The level of experience of the pet sitter will also have a factor on pricing. More experienced sitters, with professional backgrounds in behavioural or medical training may charge a higher rate, than a less specialized sitter.
Find a pet sitter near you
Thousands of qualified pet sitters join every day. We've got you covered.