How much does a pet sitter cost in Gainesville?
You can predict your pet's daily needs but your family's day-to-day changes. Unexpected meetings, taking the kids to the doctor, going away on a family vacation - who will feed the cat? Depending on the needs of your fur, or furless friends, hiring a pet sitter can be affordable. It's a great way to give you peace of mind that your pets are being taken care of while you’re out. Whether you’re searching for dog or cat sitting or are curious about dog walking rates in your area, we got you covered!
So how much does a pet sitter cost? From our research, on average they charge $13.00 an hour in Gainesville.
Pet sitter rates in Gainesville
|Lowest cost||Average cost||Highest cost|
* Rate information as of September 25, 2023
I am a local student with many years of animal care experience. I grew up on a farm and have taken care of animals like and black bears and primates, domestic pets like dogs and cats, and large animals like horses and pigs. I can sit any animal (exotic or not) and will allow walk-through of our home prior to sitting your scaly/furry friends. A little to know about me is I just recently left the military and am a Biology student at Santa Fe College. I am a wildlife conservationist at heart and would give my life for the smallest of creatures. I am doing Rover because I love animals and I am supporting my family while we finish our degrees. Thank you for your business! See you soon!
Hello, I'm Ja'Nya and I am a pet sitter in Gainesville, Florida. My services include pet sitting, dog walking, and overnight care for birds, cats, dogs, fish, and lizards/reptiles. I am passionate about animals and love being able to provide them with the care and attention that they need. I have a lot of experience in pet sitting and believe I can provide a high quality of service. My rates are very competitive at $13.00 an hour. If you need someone to take care of your pet for a short or long term, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I would love to meet you and your pet and make sure that you both have the best experience possible. If you or someone you know is looking for a pet sitter in Gainesville, Florida, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to message me if you have any questions or would like to discuss further about my services. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Hi, I'm Amya and I'm a pet sitter based in Gainesville, Florida. I have experience and love taking care of animals, and I can do cats, dogs, birds, fish, and lizards/reptiles. Whether your furry friend needs a walk, some TLC, or just some companionship while you’re away, I am here to help. I understand that your pet is part of your family and I take my job seriously. I am reliable and trustworthy, and will treat your pet as if they were my own. My rates are $15.0 HOURLY, and if you’re interested in my services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Thank you for taking the time to read my profile and I look forward to hearing from you!
Factors that impact pet sitting cost
Planning a trip as a pet owner? Hiring a pet sitter is an excellent solution for care for your furry friend. Before you hire a pet sitter, it's important to understand the factors that affect the cost of their services:
- Time and Duration - Pet sitters usually charge either a daily or hourly rate. The length of time you require care for will affect your final costs. Many pet sitters will also offer package deals and discounts for longer bookings.
- Your pet’s needs - Consider the frequency of your dog's walks, or your cat's feeding schedule. Different services will have different prices. Some pet sitters also offer extra services like administering medication, grooming, or even behavioral training, which may increase the cost.
- Location - The cost of pet care will range across the country city-by-city depending on the cost of living in your city area.
- Years of Experience - The level of experience of the pet sitter will also have a factor on pricing. More experienced sitters, with professional backgrounds in behavioural or medical training may charge a higher rate, than a less specialized sitter.